hystericalcheezit

hystericalcheezit

My imported reviews have lost all formatting, I'll work on fixing them.

I am too lazy to shelf all my books  -- because I shelf a LOT, and having to individually select them all on two sites? HA HA NO -- so go for my Goodreads for that (among other) shit.

Cohesion
Blood Vines
Erica Spindler
Supernatural Freak
Louisa Klein
Bitterblue - Ian Schoenherr, Kristin Cashore 4.5Something that I've noticed and that bothers me more than it should: Bitterblue and [b:Fire|6137154|Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)|Kristin Cashore|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1331535456s/6137154.jpg|6128277] both share their names with the protagonists, but [b:Graceling|3236307|Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)|Kristin Cashore|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1331548394s/3236307.jpg|3270810]'s protagonist is Katsa, therefore not sharing her name. (Just something that kind of irks me a bit, strikes up my O.C.D. and makes my eye twitch.)(I need to reread Fire and Graceling so I can fully appreciate this book, because I don't remember enough of those two to do so properly. Also I want to re-experience Kasta and Po's passion from Katsa's POV again, and re-experience Brigan as well.)This book. I can't... I lost my mind over this book, and not in a good way. I hate it when I get obsessed, because I can't sleep. I literally have dreams where I dream word passages from the books, because my mind is predicting as I sleep what will happen next, it's like I am reading in my dreams, and, come on, don't I get worn out enough in real life by reading? I shouldn't have to suffer it in dreamland, too! My brain is a smart one, I tell you.Raffin's companion, Bann Right. "Companion", and by that I presume you mean fuck-buddy? God, I love homosexuals, and there are tons in this book. COME ON IT EVEN HAS LESBIANS.Knock a child into the river while no one's looking and then rescue him. You can't even understand. I lost it on that. I couldn't stop laughing. I couldn't even anymore. I had to odd instead!Raffin and Bann stood together, propped against the wall and against each other, half dozing. At one point, Raffin, not knowing he had one small, curious witness, gave Bann a sleepy kiss in the ear.Bitterblue had wondered that about them. It was nice when something in the world became clear. Especially when it was a nice thing. Five sentences should not effect or affect me so GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING MUCH. You have no idea. IT'S JUST SO TOTALLY FRAKKIN' ADORABLE. Gah, so CUUUUUUTTTTTEEEEEEEEE. Help me. Somebody help me. I've lost my mind.The thing is: Nothing ever really happens in this book. I mean, a lot does, but really it's just a...coming-of-age story about Bitterblue, if you will, laced with unhealthy, lethal dosages of betrayal and frustration (and sweet, soft romance, and lots of hearty laughter). It's very enthralling, though. It captivated me, reeled me in and kept me wrapped in it, a prisoner willing but not entirely so. It mad me a mess, it made me fall apart. It got in my head, and it still hasn't gotten all the way out. It's really annoying. This book didn't give me enough closure at the end, but I like how realistic it was about Saf and Bitterblue, sort of implying that they didn't necessarily have to be together forever even though they'd shared love and sex. I like Giddon with Bitterblue better, anyway, but I enjoyed how nothing ever actually happened between them, even though it seemed to hint, to me, that Giddon liked her. What I did not like was the circumstances around Bitterblue and Saf laying together; she was crying and upset, something bad had just happened (Poor Thiel. He was an annoying old man losing his mind, but I did like him. I also liked how this book talked about self-harm. Sigh, Cashore, you are the best.) and then they end up sleeping together. I guess it's realistic -- they're charged and overwhelmed so hump-hump-hump. It wasn't as good as Katsa and Po's though (probably because Kasta and Po ARE JUST SO MOTHERFUCKING AWESOME.)I love how energized Katsa was. Running around and stuff, and I love how this book builds on Kasta and Po's relationship. And Death! He was my favourite character. I also liked Teddy and Lovejoy. I liked Fox, but I was wary of her, for good reason. Hava sort of pissed me off, but I liked her enough to be pleased that she's Bitterblue's half-sister.Goodbye now. I don't think I ever want to reread this book. Not for a decade or two, at least.